Welcome to Linked Magazine,
Linked Magazine is a new, dynamic online local living and lifestyle magazine with big ideas. We have created a vibrant online hub that we hope you will find both useful and interesting.
As a feature rich digital magazine, Business Directory and What’s On guide for the area, it is unique.
What does Linked Magazine offer that’s different?
- Professionally written articles that cover a wide range of topics.
- Local ‘what’s on’, events & local interest items with ONE-CLICK links for more information/contacts.
- Articles that change weekly and are varied, fresh & interesting.
- Local walks, outdoors articles & places of interest.
- FREE listings within Community Hub Pages for the local community.
- ONE-CLICK Clubs, societies, events and local businesses
- ONE-CLICK Where are the local dumps and when are they open?
- ONE-CLICK Local NHS Services & Contact Information
- We don’t believe in paid advertorial, so while a local business might occasionally get a mention, it is unpaid and within the context of an article.
- We are friendly and open to suggestions.
Why use the Business Directory?
- Listed local businesses can be quickly found with one-click
- Most people want to find information quickly on their mobile phone or tablet.
- It is the modern way to advertise a business, as recommended by Google
- Listing within a local directory helps business website rankings
- The BD is not ‘stand alone’ as it works perfectly with the magazine itself – the magazine acts like a ‘Google Magnet’, drawing traffic due to the dense concentration of (SEO) local places, search terms and changing content within the site.
- Businesses have unlimited space to tell the customer about their business, with the use of maps, social media links, website links and the use of photos and video.
- We try very hard to promote local businesses at every opportunity.
In a fragmented rural setting, with an enterprising heart, Linked Magazine can link the large spectrum of businesses serving the area with the customers searching for places, events, products and services.
We hope you will join our vibrant local enterprise.
Elizabeth is an experienced journalist and columnist, having written for a variety of quality publications, including newspapers, magazines and online media.
The health columnist for the Sunday Herald Magazine for a number of years, Elizabeth also wrote the fitness column and produced featured double-page articles for The Herald. Writing for the innovative Scottish online newspaper, the Caledonian Mercury, Elizabeth produced weekly features on Scottish Heritage.
Her country life and passion for horses resulted in writing for niche publications including Horse & Hound, Scottish Field, Horse, Your Horse, Scottish Rider and many other equestrian magazines.
A spell lecturing the Magazine Journalism module at Edinburgh Napier University was an enjoyable experience, and fuelled a passion for teaching writing. This experience is something that she it taking into the local community by providing free writing workshops to the local high school.
Copywriting for individuals, businesses and marketing agencies, Elizabeth has a wide range of experience in writing content for websites and brochures, as well as maintaining social media accounts for companies.
With this diverse experience to bring to Linked Magazine, you can expect a quality digital magazine with engaging articles that appeal to a broad market. Businesses listing within the Business Directory can be assured by a proven ability to market to potential customers.